Build a complete MIDI drum arrangement for a song under the supervision of drummer/songwriter Lisa Kacos.
Class dates are Saturdays, June 17 & 24, from 2pm-5pm ET
- Sat, June 17 - In the first class, everyone will get 30 minutes of one-on-one time with Lisa to create a MIDI drum beat and make a rhythm “road map” for adding stops and fills to the song.
- You’ll have a week to finish the drums on your own.
- Sat, June 24 - In the second class, we will meet for another round of one-on-one sessions with Lisa to make tweaks, ask questions, and finalize the drum arrangements.
- Lastly, we will share the songs on Slack to support and learn from each other, and celebrate our musical accomplishments!
All participants are invited and encouraged to observe all the one-on-one sessions to learn from other people’s music and their creative decisions.
- A basic understanding of your DAW.
- An instrument + vocal arrangement of your song recorded in your DAW to a click.
- An MP3 bounce of your song submitted to Lisa by Sunday, June 11, for advanced listening.
Annual Songwriters Society members get 15% off
Monthly Songwriters Society members get 10% off
Attendance is limited to 5 people.